Friday, June 10, 2011

Watch out-I'm very motivated today!!

Though I have always loved crafts and miniatures of all kinds, the last 6 months they have become almost an obsession.  If I don't get to work on a mini project each day, I at least read about minis on blogs and in old dollhouse magazines.  I am hooked on several mini blogs and today I decided to become an "official follower" and stop being a lurker! I also posted some pics of my recent projects.  I mean, why not?!  While seeing so many fabulous items out there by true miniature artisans is VERY humbling, I am a proud beginner! I love to create and inspiration is literally all around me.  Looking around with a brave spirit and creative eye keeps me young at heart.  This strange wonferful world of tiny treasures has truly given me a new lease on life and terribly needed creative outlet.  I just love it!!!

So what am I up these days?  Well, I'll just tell you..........The half scale house is nearly complete but I got a bit bored so it is resting in the craft room til inspiration strikes.  The poor Merriweather Family has been ever so patient with me and I am so grateful. The Lilac Hill house continues to be under extensive renovations and will likely be for years to come. The tore out the parlor (that I had JUST finished redooing) and went in a completely different direction.  Woman's prerogative and such. Then I demolished the bathroom I had just framed in. Decided I needed to let that property mellowed for a bit and focus elsewhere.  I have a new dollhouse kit just begging to be built but I am making myself do a few smaller things before I dive into another HUGE project. The new building will have a pub on the ground level, a book/gift store on the 2nd level, small apt on the 3rd floor and then a rooftop garden.  It is all detailed in my mind and looks excellent!!!  I made a list of what I must complete BEFORE I even open the box.  The biggest challenge on that "to do" list is to organize my craft room.  Ugh!  I get motivated, head down there and work pretty well for maybe 30 minutes (at best!) then I get sidetracked into a little project.  Ugh, Cara!!!  Ah well, it is my curse and my blessing. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog :) You have some really nice projects here, and my goodness that big one you have planned sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

A gift made by my friend, Cassie!

A gift made by my friend, Cassie!

The burlap rug

The burlap rug